You can use videos on your email campaign to offer interactive content and to present your communications in a new and exciting way. While you can't embed a video (i.e. your .mp4 file) directly in an email, you can include a link to it. This article details the way to properly do this.
Why this is important
Everyone loves watching videos. The recipient does not have to concentrate or spend time reading them, unlike reading an article for example. In addition to getting a leg up on your competitors who send out "classic" emails made up of text, images, and links, you can also make your emails stand out through the inclusion of a video.
In summary, an email that has a video in it generates 3 times more clicks than one that has an image in it.
How to add a video into a campaign
Follow these steps to add a video to your campaign in the new email designer:
- 1. Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- 2. Create a campaign.
- 3. Click and drag your block to the content area of the email designer.
- 4. Click on the Content tab.
- 5. Drag the Video content block into the newly created block.
- 6. Enter the video URL on the right menu that appears when the video content line is selected.
Play icons can be customized in terms of their shape and color.