A preheader or preview text is a short piece of copy that appears below the subject line in many email clients, such as Outlook and Gmail. This is a sneak peek at the information in the email. In this article, we'll show you how to change your campaign's preview text.
Why this is important
When you send an email, one of the first things your recipients see is the preview text. Accordingly, it's important for this first impression to be clear and inviting so recipients are more likely to open your campaigns. The fact is, you should take advantage of this resource; it can be considered the last shot to impress your readers in their inbox before they scroll on, leaving your email campaign untouched.
How to customize the preview of your campaign
To customize the preview of your campaign, you can add an HTML block at the top of your email content in the editor, then insert the following:
- 1. Click on Create and select Campaign.
- 2. Select the starting point of your campaign. In this example, we'll Start from scratch.
- 3. Click on Select below the option Start with the essentials.
- 4. Drag and drop a row from the Rows tab at the top your email content.
- 5. Drag and drop the HTML Content block into your new row.
- 6. Copy and paste the following code in the Content Properties for the newly created HTML content block:
This is where the Pre-Header text would go
This is where the Pre-Header text would go with your text.
Your Pre-Header is now set!
Remember to use this option to be specific with personalized calls and offer details to draw your recipients in with the topics that interest them.