Automation lets you link an action performed by your contacts to a sequence of predefined tasks. Manual tasks can be performed by this tool automatically, with a single work platform that synchronizes with existing conditions and activities. With automation, for example, you could set up a welcome email to be sent a few seconds after a contact signs up for a subscription form linked to a list.
Why this is important
Automation can increase efficiency, productivity, accuracy, and reduce errors when done correctly.
You will be able to better manage your work system with it because you will have a clearer overview of it.
How to create an automated email
Here are the steps you will need to take to create an automated email:
- 1. In your account, click on Automations.
- 2. Click on the + sign on the top right part of the page.
- 3. In the Select a starting point menu, you can either use the Prebuilt automation, create a new template from scratch, or use one that you already saved.
- 4. Choose the list to which this automation should be linked.
- 5. Choose a name for your automation (this name will only appear within the platform)
- 6. You can select a marketing objective from the list below (so we can make better recommendations to you).
- 7. You will then be on the Flow creation page.
- There are 2 sub-divisions found here:
- Select condition
- Select action
- 1. Click on the + sign to specify when this email should be sent after the subscription.
- 2. It is possible to set a delay in seconds, minutes, hours, days and even in weeks. At the bottom, click Continue after setting the delay you want.
- 1. Click on the + sign to edit the body of the email you want to send.
- 2.To work on your content, click on Edit, and you'll be taken to the email designer.
- 3. Click Save and exit when you're done with this email or save it as a template.
- 4. Choose the email's subject line at the deployment settings menu. Customers will see this in their Inbox.
All systems go
Once you are ready to launch this automation, you can either do it within the flow with the toggle button on top or on the Automations page.
Click on the scroll down button to choose the timeframe and show the stats of your automation.
Click on the email to see a more detailed side panel. You can see the Open, Click, Unsubscribe, Delivery and Bounce rates for your email.
The gears are now in motion and the automation is active! You can tweak it to suit your needs.