You can create action-based segments by tagging contacts. When you tag a contact, you're updating their profile in real-time. For instance, if your subscribers click on certain email links, you may tag them with specific labels.
In essence, your email contacts can be classified according to your segmentation needs by creating tags. You can also tag subscribers based on other actions, such as how they engage with your products. We'll show you how to create and use tags in this article.
How to create tags
Here's how to create and use a tag.
1. Click on your user name in the top right corner and select Tag library from the drop-down menu.
2. Enter the name of your new tag.
3. Click on Create 1 tag.
4. Your tag is now created! You can close the menu.
How to tag a contact
To use a tag, follow these steps:
1. Select the Contacts tab.
2. Select your Contact list.
3. Check the circle next to the email address.
4. The bottom of the page will display a new menu. Select Add or remove tags from the Actions menu.
5. Choose the tag you want to use and click Tag. Alternatively, you can create a tag directly in this menu.
6. When you have selected the tag, click Done.
7. It's as simple as that, your contact is now tagged!