Cakemail Premium accounts have access to A/B Split Tests. You can change your plan type by clicking Upgrade Plan in your user profile submenu.
An A/B test (split testing or bucket testing) compares two campaign versions to determine which performs better. The stats of each email version are compared, and our App makes a decision based on click rates. In other words, we take care of this process to determine the best email variation for you.
Ultimately, a well-planned A/B test can significantly impact your marketing results. It is possible to create a more robust marketing plan by narrowing down and combining the most effective elements of a promotion. This will result in a higher return on investment, a lower risk of failure, and, most importantly, a more robust marketing campaign.
How to create an A/B test
To create an A/B test, follow these simple steps:
1. In your Dashboard, hover over the Campaign tab and select A/B tests.
2. Click on Create an A/B test
3. On this new page, you can name your A/B test and select a list and segment. When you're done, click Continue to proceed to the next step.
4. In the Edit A/B test page, select the second block to open its settings.
5. You can now set the A/B test distribution settings on the left side of the screen.
- By default, Emails A and B are divided 50/50.
- The size of the test distribution and the winner's email can be set.
- With a distribution size of 40% and a winner's email size of 60%, 60 percent of all contacts will receive the email that performed better in the 40% sample.
7. You can also adjust the settings for selecting winners.
- Decide when you want this test to end, and set an email to be sent if no winner is found. If no clear winner can be determined due to a lack of statistical significance, an email will be sent to this email.
8. Back in the A/B test creation flow, select Email A's block to open its settings.
9. On the left part of the screen, click Edit to modify the email.
10. If you want to reuse this content in the second email and add variations, edit the email and click on Copy Content from email A to B.
11. Click Save and exit when you're done.
12. Follow the same procedure to edit Email B.
13. When you are happy with the email variations and ready to begin the test and launch the campaign, click on Start test in the upper right corner of the screen.
You can also rename, delete or duplicate the test by clicking on the arrow pointing downwards.
Your test creation is now complete! You can find it on the A/B test drafts and analyze its results.
Please sign in to leave a comment.